Food of the gods
Yam Porridge (EBE)
Scotch Bonnet (optional)
Spices (Coriander, thyme, curry)
· Peel the yam and cut the yam tuber into chunky cubes and blend Onion, Scotch bonnet, Tomatoes, and bell peppers together
· Add the blended peppers to the yam
· Add the spices and stock cube and let the yam can cook in the stew and soak in all the lovely juices and boil for about 8 mins,
· Then add the palm oil; it gives it a lovely red/orange look and a very distinct taste.
· When the soup thickens, mash some of the Yam, but still leave some bits intact, the mushy bits become part of the stew.
· Add the dried crayfish and let it simmer on low heat for about 5 mins and then it is ready to serve.
You should try it with Fried plantain, it is delish!
*Potato can be substituted for Yam